How to on or off bluetooth on w508i.
even how to change setting of bluetooth
Hi, To set up Bluetooth on your phone
1. Go to Menu, select Connect or Connections or Connectivity:
Note! If the above steps do not work, please consult the user manual.
2. Bluetooth - Select On to enable Bluetooth.
3. My telephone's visibility - Select Shown to all if you want your device to be found by other Bluetooth devices. If you
select Hidden, your device cannot be found by other devices.
4. My Bluetooth name - Define a name for your device. After you have activated your Bluetooth service and changed
My phone's visibility to Shown to all, your phone and this name can be seen by other Bluetooth device users.
Sending data via Bluetooth
If your phone supports the Bluetooth 1.1 specification or earlier, you can only have one Bluetooth connection running
on your phone at any one time.
1. Select or open the file you wish to send. For example, to send a photo to another device, open the Gallery
2. Select the file you wish to send, then select Options > Send > via Bluetooth.
3. The phone starts to search for devices within range.
Devices using Bluetooth technology that are within range will appear on the display. You should see a device icon,
the device's name, the device type, or a short name. (A paired device is one where a Bluetooth connection already
exists between your phone and the other device.)
• To interrupt the search, press Stop. The device list freezes and you can start to form a connection to one of the
devices already found.
If you have searched for devices earlier, a list of the devices that were found previously is shown first. To start a new
search, select More devices. If you switch off the phone, the list of devices is cleared and the device search needs to
be started again before sending data.
4. Scroll to the device you want to connect with and press Select. The item you are sending is copied to Outbox and
the note Connecting is shown.
5. Pairing (if this is not required by the other device, proceed to step 6.)
• If the other device requires pairing before data can be transmitted, a tone sounds and you are asked to enter a
passcode. • Create your own passcode (1-16 characters long, numeric) and agree with the owner of the other device
to use the same code. This passcode is used only once and you do not have to memorise it. • After pairing, the
device is saved to the Paired devices view.
6. When the connection has been successfully established, the note Sending data is shown. Data received via
Bluetooth can be found in the Inbox folder in Messaging. Tip: Pairing is a means of authentication. The users of the
devices using Bluetooth technology should agree together what the passcode is, and use the same passcode for
both devices in order to pair them. Devices that do not have a user interface have a preset passcode.
Checking the status of the Bluetooth connection
• When the Bluetooth icon is shown in standby mode, Bluetooth is active.
• When the Bluetooth icon is blinking, your phone is trying to connect to the other device. • When the Bluetooth icon is
shown continuously, the Bluetooth connection is active.
Receiving data via Bluetooth
When you receive data via Bluetooth, a message alert tone is played and you are asked if you want to accept the
message. If you accept, the item is placed in the Inbox folder in Messaging.
A Bluetooth connection is disconnected automatically after sending or receiving data.
Hope it helps .
Fill free to pass your comment.
Thanks for using fixya...
Jan 08, 2011 |
Sony Ericsson W508i Cell Phone