Question about Car Audio & Video
SOURCE: uniden vs1100xr car alarm will
I had the same problem with my vs1100xr. The remotes for these (and other) unidens have a rolling code. Seems to me that either the remote runs out of new codes and cycles back to the beginning, or the alarm base unit somehow loses track of the codes. Either way, the alarm base unit stops accepting the codes of your remote, and so needs to be purged of its code tracking memory - reset, if you like. This is essentially the procedure for training the alarm base unit to recognise new remote (and forgetting old remotes).
This procedure is:-
1) Disarm alarm, or if in valet mode, take it out of valet mode (push valet button 3 times)
2) Turn the ignition on and off 2 times within 15 seconds.
3) Put the alarm into valet mode (push valet button 3 times) within 15 seconds of completing step 2. Alarm should beep, and remote training has started.
4) Within 15 seconds of completing step 3, push the button (#1) of the first remote you wish to use for the alarm. Alarm should beep, indicating acceptance of remote. Repeat for other remotes you wish to use - up to 4 in total. (Once the first remote has been accepted, you have all the time in the world to make the alarm learn other remotes)
5) Turn ignition on and off to end remote learning mode. Alarm should beep 2 times. New remotes have now been learned and previous remotes forgotten.
Some of these details may vary from country to country - who knows. If this doesn't work, I suggest that you contact Uniden in your country to obtain the procedure. Took me a few tries to get the timing right, what with the valet button hard to get at and having only 15 seconds between steps.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | GMC Cars & Trucks
You may have this
posted in the wrong product category. Please select another category
appropriate to the problem and re-post the problem so the correct
expert will see and respond to the question..
This is for car and truck problems related to Factory Installed Systems not add on aftermarket systems.
This post can't be removed or moved, please re-post the question in the correct product category. Thanks
Nov 02, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 22, 2011 | Honda Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Jul 18, 2010 | 1998 Ford Mustang
Nov 23, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Tj
Jan 07, 2009 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Sep 28, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
442 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!