Question about Computers & Internet
this is a basic step used to forward ports to your system.
Port Forwarding Steps for Routers 1. Log into your router. Usually the URL is http://192.168.1.1/, and enter the username , and the password . If you have never set a password, the password (which you should change) is admin. Consult the manual if you have never set up your router before or need to reset the password. 2. Click on the "Applications & Gaming" tab or Under Advanced, click Port Forwarding.
3. Click on the "Port Range Forward" tab .
4. In the "application" field, type "web" (if you are forwarding wb traffic on port 80) or "torrent" (if you are forwarding bittorrent traffic on port 40156). This is just a "nickname" so that you can recognize what you were trying to do when you come back to it.
5. In the "Start" field, enter: 80
6. In the "End" field, also enter: 80
7. Set "Protocol" to TCP. Web and Bittorrent servers use only TCP, so there's no reason fo forward UDP traffic too and create an unnecessary security risk.
8. In the "IP Address" field, enter: 192.168.1.11 or your system IP address.
9. Click "Save Settings." Forwarding should begin immediately.
Posted on May 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 18, 2013 | D-Link DSL-2740R Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port...
Nov 22, 2009 | NetComm NB5PLUS4W Wireless Router
Oct 22, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Sep 26, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Aug 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
631 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!