Question about PC Desktops
this is a basic step used to forward ports to your system.
Port Forwarding Steps for Routers 1. Log into your router. Usually the URL is http://192.168.1.1/, and enter the username , and the password . If you have never set a password, the password (which you should change) is admin. Consult the manual if you have never set up your router before or need to reset the password. 2. Click on the "Applications & Gaming" tab or Under Advanced, click Port Forwarding.
3. Click on the "Port Range Forward" tab .
4. In the "application" field, type "web" (if you are forwarding wb traffic on port 80) or "torrent" (if you are forwarding bittorrent traffic on port 40156). This is just a "nickname" so that you can recognize what you were trying to do when you come back to it.
5. In the "Start" field, enter: 80
6. In the "End" field, also enter: 80
7. Set "Protocol" to TCP. Web and Bittorrent servers use only TCP, so there's no reason fo forward UDP traffic too and create an unnecessary security risk.
8. In the "IP Address" field, enter: 192.168.1.11 or your system IP address.
9. Click "Save Settings." Forwarding should begin immediately.
Posted on May 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 03, 2009 | PC Desktops
Apr 28, 2009 | PC Desktops
Apr 27, 2009 | PC Desktops
Oct 15, 2008 | PC Desktops
Sep 18, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 13, 2008 | PC Desktops
Mar 19, 2008 | PC Desktops
629 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!