Smells like a decomposing mouse.I took off the knobs and it got stronger.Also can smell it when you take off the round things off the gas part on the burner.Could a mouse have gotten in there and if so how do I open it up to get it out.I have the manual and there is no diagram.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, you have a leak some where an old trick of finding gas leaks was to use washing up liquid diluted if its possible in this case and when the washing liquid finds the leak it produces a soapy bubbles where the leak is .
Hi hgodoy2 - Is the electronic igniter aligned properly? Ensure that tip of spark igniter is aligned with metal point or "nib" located on underside of burner cap after the burner mounting screws have been tightened. (Not all burners having mounting screws). When the burner control knob is set to the "LITE" position do the igniters spark? Can gas be heard or smelled coming from the burners when the control number is turned on? However, if you smell gas, I highly recommend turning the unit and the gas off if you can reach it and contact your gas provider. The range itself does not have a switch or regulator to relight it. Keep in mind that it may be experiencing an issue with the spark module, electrodes, wiring or EOC.
What you had was a slow short - practically the same thing as in a welder: big and loud flame, localized and the amperage isn't that great. As such it's very possible that the breaker wasn't tripped, especially if you had a big one, over 30Amps.
No, you shouldn't even try to repair it, that unit is dead as a dodo.
This is normal when you run out of propane. Depending on the length of line you have, there will be a delay in relighting it again because of insert air in the line. My advice to you is to first air out the house til the smell is gone. Then turn on only 1 burner with the igniter sparking and also hold a handheld bbq lighter at the burner to ensure that the gas burner lights when the air is finally purged. This should only take 20-30secs. If it takes longer, air out the room and try again. Use common sense and please be careful!
Hello Liz. The most common reason for the problem you are experiencing is greasey dirt in the burner. Use a small brush, some fine wire and some degreaser to clean up the burner. Then let it dry overnight and try it again. If it still won't start, you will have to replace the ignitor.
Where did you smell the smell was it from the fan switch. turn the power off and take the screw out of where the fan switch is and check the wires to the switch and the switch itself. sometimes the jennair cooktops have issues with that switch. let me know how it goes
I would say that pop was one of you igniters. either that or the stove is not installed correctly and when it gets warm, thermal expansion makes the metal pop. I would say that I would use caution and discontinue its use. Most problems with these need to fixed professionally.
sounds like you have a bad (elemnet)infinite switch. turn off the power before something really shorts out, replaceing the switch requires uninstalleing hte cooktop from the cabinet , removing the glass top and replacing the switch. first seeing which one is damaged