Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Trying to connect router to wii wirelessly. its picked up the router but prompting me for wep key which i don't have can u help
If you are the origional owner of the router, then you had set the WEP key, which is a password meant to prevent others from stealing your internet. If you still cant do it, Go to your routers configuration and restore it to factory settings. Then you can set your own WEP Tkip style passcode and connect the Wii wirelessly and correctly. For further help, just ask me.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
WEP AND WPA Security keys are case sensitive.
Aug 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
I understand that you need to check the security key so as to connect the computer with the router's wireless network.
In order to get this key we need to login to the router's page using any computer which is physically connected to router. Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase (or network key).
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
Mar 21, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Apr 11, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 09, 2009 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Nov 03, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 10, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
Apr 15, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 21, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Jan 27, 2009 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: