Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Are you able to get into ANY of the user profiles?
If not, then the issue is quite a bit more complex in terms of what steps will need to be done in order to regain access to the operating system. In that even, please, let us know and we'll assist you w/ that.
If you CAN get into ANY one of the profiles, please, follow these steps:
(Note: I have not tried this on a profile that does not have Administrator privileges. I would not expect it to work in that case if the permissions were set up correctly. Do, try it anyway, though.)
PLEASE, NOTE: * The upward pointing carat (^) indicates a space. Strike your space bar one time for each carat.
(01) Click on the START button
(02) Click on RUN
(03) Type verbatim (w/out the brackets): [ cmd ]
The window will open up w/ the following path:
(04) Type verbatim (w/out the brackets): [net^user^Administrator^*]
(05) Hit ENTER
(06) Type in the password you'd like to set for the account (the cursor will not advance while you are typing)
(07) Hit ENTER
(08) Type in the password again to confirm (again, the cursor will not advance)
(09) Hit ENTER
(10) Click the [X] in the upper right-hand corner of the COMMAND WINDOW
(11) Log off the current user account and log in to the Administrator account w/ the new password.
You can use this process for any user on the system - including the Administrator.
If you don't want a password set for a given user, just skip steps (06) and (08)
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2010 | HP Pavilion zv5000 Notebook
Jun 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2010 | HP Pavilion zv5000 Notebook
Nov 01, 2009 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
Mar 28, 2009 | HP Pavilion zv5000 Notebook
Mar 12, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2009 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: