Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Hi I successfully installed a WirelessG 2.4 GHz to use with a Mac mini and and HP laptop. I have Comcast high-speed cable. I unplugged the router from both computers and modem to take it somewhere and now that I'm ready to use it again I can't remember which ports on the computers and the modem to plug the cable into...Can anyone help me with this. Thanks!
The ethernet cable that goes from the modem goes into the router's port labeled "internet." The other ethernet cable going from the computer goes to the routers ethernet cable port labeled "port 1."
Posted on Apr 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 20, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Oct 05, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 21, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 12, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 18, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Mar 09, 2008 | MSI Wireless-G RG54G3 Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys WRT55AG Router
May 08, 2014 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: