Question about ASUS P4S800D-X Motherboard
(01) It'd be best to check for updated drivers rather than attempt to install the ones off of the CD. Drivers that we receive w/ our hardware purchases are quite often out-dated. It's always a good idea to check w/ the manufacturer online and get the latest drivers there to install.
(02) ASUSTeK lists the P4S800D audio drivers as "SoundMAX". It doesn't list "RealTEK" audio drivers for any of the (3) variations of this motherboard.
(03) What precipitated your needing to install the drivers?
(A) You're having issues w/ one or more integrated hardware device (e.g. Your audio)
(B) The motherboard is new to this system build - this is the 1st drivers installation
(C) Other: Please, explain
(04) Is this a new (clean) Windows XP build ?
(05) Is this a case of a new motherboard on an old Windows XP build?
(06) If this is not a new (OS) build and the motherboard is not new to the system, did the integrated audio work properly b4?
(07) If the answer to (06) is YES, what precipitated or coincided w/ the onset of the issue you are experiencing w/ the integrated audio or any other issue you're attempting to address now?
(08) Are you experiencing ANY other issues at all w/ this system? If so, please, explain
(09) Have you ANY other related information at all regarding this issue?
RECOMMENDATION ACTION TO TAKE:
(10) There are (3) models of your motherboard listed on ASUSTeK
(B) P4S800D-E Deluxe
(11) Please, go HERE and (in the upper left of the page) enter in the "Input Model to Search" field the model number of your motherboard
(12) Click the drop down arrow in the "Select Category" field and choose "Drivers"
(13) The resulting page will show the (3) variations of this motherboard model.
(14) Click on the appropriate one.
(15) You'll be taken, then, to a page where you will find BIOS updates, drivers, utilities and documentation for your motherboard.
(16) Click on the DRIVERS tab
(17) Download the appropriate drivers for your operating system.
(18) Every version of this motherboard model lists SoundMAX audio drivers. None lists RealTEK.
(19) How are you identifying your motherboard model number?
(A) Off of the box that it came in?
(B) Using a PC hardware audit utility?
(C) Physical inspection of the board?
(20) It's quite possible that the CD you have is not the correct one for your motherboard or that you've miss-identified your motherboard.
(21) To be sure you have identified the correct motherboard model number, please, download and run "Belarc Advisor". You can find it HERE. Belarc Advisor is a free pc hardware and software audit utility.
(22) Once you've confirmed that the motherboard model no. has been correctly identified as one of the P4S800D models, perform a "Clean Boot" and attempt to install the audio drivers you downloaded from ASUSTeK. (**1st, the old audio drivers via Device Manager (if applicable) that you downloaded from ASUSTeK.
(23) For the steps for performing a "Clean Boot", please go HERE.
Please, post back here w/ the results and/or any questions, comments, observations you have.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2011 | ASUS Intel 845 Chipset P4B (P4B WOA)...
Jan 23, 2011 | ASUS P5VDC-X Motherboard
You can download the drivers from ASUS WEB site. Select
your model motherboard/computer/laptop, and make sure you select the Windows XP
or Vista version of the drivers that matches your Windows operating system.
Please click on this link to their WEB support site : -
Oct 05, 2010 | ASUS P5QL PRO Motherboard
Jul 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Mar 07, 2009 | Intel DG31PR Motherboard
Apr 14, 2008 | ASUS P5P800-MX Motherboard
342 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!