Acer computers come with a factory restore partition installed from the factory. The following instructions are direct from Acer's support website:Note:
These steps will return the system to the
original factory installation including all factory installed drivers
and applications.Back up all data prior to using this procedure.
Restore system to factory default
- Plug in the AC adapter and battery.
- Turn the system on
- Immediately, press ALT on the keyboard and start tapping F10.
Continue holding ALT and tapping F10 as the unit boots up.
- A screen stating "Starting Acer Erecovery" should appear.
(Release ALT and stop tapping F10 at this point)
- There will be 4 options:
1. Restore system to factory default
2. Restore system from user backup
3. Restore system from cd/dvd
- Enter the password created when eRecovery was first started.
- Read the on-screen warning and choose Yes.
- Click Next. The recovery process will start.
When recovery is complete the system will re-start and will need to complete the setup of Windows.
When setup is complete a process will clean up the recovery files.
Please be patient as this process can take 5-10 minutes or longer.
Hope this helps. Please take a moment to rate this solution. Thanks.