Question about GE Profile Harmony DPGT750EC Electric Dryer
The dryer runs fine and gets a little hot but not enough to dry the clothes. I have 5 kids and need a dryer desperately, please help!!!
Test for these first:
First of all, see if you have good voltage supply on the socket on which it is powered too.
(1) All venting is clear of lint, even disconnected from back of dryer.
(2) Breaker in house is not tripped. Cycle the breakers off and back on to make sure.
(3) Test continuity on all thermostats and thermal fuses, all have to measure 0 ohms when wires are disonnected and dryer unplugged. We tested the HiLimit Thermostat, Safety Thermostat, and Thermal fuse mounted to the heating element housing, all should have continuity. Also measure the two thermostats located near the exhaust duct in the rear of the dryer, get 0 ohms as well.
(4) Disconnect wires from heating elements. Test continuity from each terminal to the metal cage to make sure none of the elements were grounded. Good if theres no continuity there.
(5) Disconnect wires from heating elements. Test resistance between double coil and inner/outer coil. Each should measure around 19 ohms.
(6) Test the dryer temperature switch by removing wire from terminal 15, then took a reading between terminal 15 and terminal 16, should get 0 ohms there.
(7)Test the dryer timer by first setting the timer to 60 minutes. then remove the wire from terminal A. We then took a reading between terminal A and terminal B, and should get 0 ohms. then keet the leads on those two terminals and rotate the timer and had continuity throughout the 70 minute cycle.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2014 | Dryers
Sep 06, 2012 | Roper Dryers
Sep 21, 2011 | Speed Queen AGS68AWF Gas Dryers
Sep 08, 2011 | KitchenAid KEYS700LQ Electric Dryer
Oct 14, 2010 | Kenmore 62622 Electric Dryer
Oct 05, 2009 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Feb 19, 2009 | Samsung DV448AEE Electric Dryer
Oct 13, 2008 | LG DLE2514 Electric Dryer
Sep 03, 2008 | Dryers
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: