Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router?
-->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet?
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please)
only this machine is connected but it is by....
(b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on?
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine
What process have you followed to try to connect to the network and access the Internet? Where does this process fail?
Posted on May 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | NetGear WG Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2013 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2010 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Headset
Feb 12, 2009 | Acer (D10709-002) (D10709002) 802.11g/b...
Aug 07, 2008 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Apr 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Apr 07, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL G520 802.11g/b...
Apr 06, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Apr 05, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: