Question about Televison & Video
Hi there! Just bought a 52" LCD so wanted to bring my old 53" rear projection TV downstairs but the entrances are too narrow or short. I tried to remove some screws but can't seem to remove the top front screen portion. Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!!!
Hitachi projection TV (model 53sbx59b)
To remove the protection screen and lens from my Hitachi model 53SDX89BA:
1) Remove the speaker cover from the bottom. It is attached by velcro.
2) Remove the 4 screws on 4 plastic tabs on the bottom of the screen frame.
3) Remove the 4 screws on the 4 metal tabs on the bottom beneath the screen frame.
4) Pry the bottom corners loose with a wide blade screw driver and work both sides of the screen frame away from the case from the bottom up. CAUTION: The top does not snap away as the sides do. When the sides are loose let the screen frame hang down vertical and lift the screen frame straight up.
5) The protection screen and the lens will come off together.
When reinstalling the screen frame perform the steps in reverse. Be careful when resnapping the frame back onto the case - there are two small wooden support blocks on the bottom. Don't try to force the frame back on until you are sure the bottom of the frame clears these block. You may find it easier just to remove them temporarily until the frame is reattached.
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2011 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Apr 11, 2011 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Oct 14, 2010 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Oct 19, 2009 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Sep 27, 2009 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Jun 03, 2009 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Apr 13, 2009 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Dec 29, 2007 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Apr 26, 2007 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
1,000 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: