My printer is not using the black ink when printing pictures. I have checked the ink levels and they are full but when i print the pictures it doesnt use black, so the pictues come out looking horrible.
My solution was to dump the Kodak printer, and reinstall a 4 year old HP printer collecting desk in my house. WORKS GREAT! I fiddled around with the Kodak printer head and wiped/cleaned the insides, and it worked for a couple days. Then it started having the same problems again (see above.)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
From what i understand with the kyocera colour printers theres a menu option to print black as black opposed to a combination of the colours. I'm not too sure where it is, however it sounds like the kodak is very simular and is using the colours to create black instead of using the blank ink cartrage.
1. Make sure that you have removed the plastic cover from the cartridge nozzle .
2. check if your black ink cartridge is full - put the nuzzle on the tip of you finger if it leaves ink drop then it is full and should print ok , if it didn't leave ink on your finger then it is dry and you should buy new cartridge .
press the menu button on the printer and go to clean print head and do a basic clean........make sure you are using genuine Kodak ink cartridges as there are retailers selling refilled and look alike.........if you still have same issue then its a print head issue and call kodak tech support they will replace it for you without any charge....let me know if this was helpful.........