Depending on how long you have had the unit is what you might want to look at in taking it back to where you bought it, but I'm not real clear on what exactly is going on. Is it that the screen is always blank or what?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This seems to happen quite often with GPS units. There are a few things that could cause this to happen. Is the GPS mounted in view of the sky? If not it may not be able to acquire the satellites. If this is not the problem, try performing a reset by pressing the top left corner of the screen while pressing the power button. These two things will usually help, but in the case that they don't, contact their support at 1-800-800-1020 and they should be able to assist you.
The error message you are receiving about maps is actually a sign of a firmware corruption problem, which just happens from time to time with electronic devices. Updating the firmware of your nuvi will replace the corrupt firmware.
steps to take to update your Nuvi 200:
Give a full 12 hour charge. For the location, go into the main menu and set your location for whereever you want. It must have clear view of the sky to work. It should be on the windshield or dash, in a vertical position.
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps" 2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse 3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID 4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button. 5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file. 6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code. 7. Download Img2Gps and run 8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it. 9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in. 10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin 11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card. 12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card 13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS 14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again. 15. Upload will take a while. 16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory. 17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension). 18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file. 19. Close the file. 20. Disconnect the Garmin. 21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Solution below works for NUVI660 as well; ignore everything after step 6 but DO reboot and delete previously existing connections.
I was having the same problem with my Curve and Nuvi 680. What has fixed this for me is downgrading the Bluetooth firmware version on the Nuvi itself. I was running version 3.0 (you can check your version by going to Settings -> System -> About on the Nuvi) -- I had success after downgrading to version 2.4.
It's a bit of a convoluted process, but here is the procedure I followed:
1. Download the old Nuvi BT firmware from the Garmin Italy website: