Question about Computers & Internet
I have a D-Link DIR-625 Wireless Router. Today I cannot access a specific website by browser, ftp or ping on any of the three computers in my home network.
When I disconnect the wireless router and plug my computer directly into my modem I have normal access to the website. No other website seems to be 'blocked'.
Is there something in the D-Link firewall which would begin blocking a specific web address for some reason?
Any help is appreciated.
HERE's D-Links listing for your router.
HERE's where you can find downloads, etc. for the router. (including an owner's manual) You'll need to choose your router's version then you'll be directed to the appropriate page.
(01) Can you access this web site from any of the other computers on your LAN (when this router is connected)?
(02) Have you ever been able to navigate to this web site from the computer you're referring to while this particular router is connected?
(03) Have you recently installed any other networking equipment or a software firewall on one or more of your LAN computers?
(04) Were you able to ping the LAN computers prior to the onset of this problem?
(05) Can the LAN computers ping your computer? If not, were they able to previously?
(06) Has anything occurred or any changes been made that precipitated or coincided w/ the onset of this problem?
(07) Do you have any other information regarding this issue?
(08) If you like, you can **first** backup your router's configuration and **second** reset it to factory defaults and see if the problem persists.
(09) You can readily restore the backup. This will just be a quick way to determine if the problem is w/ the router configuration (assuming you were able to navigate to the site in question when you 1st got your router.)
Please, post back here w/ answers to these questions along w/ any observations or questions you might have.
We'll continue to work w/ you until the problem is resloved.
Please, hold off on assigning ratings to any of the experts' contributions until you're all set and have no more questions for us. (Once you assign ratings, the problem will be automatically closed and we'll no longer be able to assist you.)
Posted on Apr 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2011 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jun 06, 2011 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Apr 15, 2011 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Mar 05, 2011 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Feb 07, 2011 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Nov 07, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jan 28, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Sep 13, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Dec 15, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
1,516 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!