Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a Sansui AU-717 Integrated Amplifier that needs some work done on it. Is there a Sansui service center in Washington State that can work on this?

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 16, 2014




1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,689 Answers

This company is not like they used to be. You can try the links below to see if you can find authorized service for your set.


Historic information about Sansui:

I would personaly suggest to find a service center or a very good local tech who can do audio amplifier and reciever service.

Jerry G.

Posted on Apr 13, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sansui AU D607 integrated amplifier. Where can I get a manual?

Service or owner?

There seems to be plenty of service ones. Just enter the model number into Google.
You might have a problem getting hold of the user.

Nov 16, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Sansui A200 amplifier dead right channel

Usually is a capacitor or diode blown open up the amp and look for any burnt marks on the motherboard

Feb 07, 2014 | Sansui Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Integrated amplifier Sansui AU-6900

What is it not doing, Be more pacific in your details please.

Oct 26, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Looking for an owner's manual for the Sansui Integrated Amplipier AU-D9.

Hi info851163...
Go to the following website and register to download your Owners/User Manual for your Sansui Intergrated Amplipier AU-D9.
Please take time to rate me thumbs up

Also at this website...for $6.92 Canadian Dollar:

Sep 15, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I have a Sansui AU-717 amplifier with a bad volume control. How do I find either a replacement or someone who can repair it?

A replacement control will be difficult to locate as it is long out of standard service time. That being said, it is also rather rare for a control to fail completely. Can you please indicate why you feel the volume control is defective? Perhaps there is another problem that will be easier to repair.


Jun 27, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Age Time for a tune up.

You are not likely to find an authorized service center for these anymore. Anyone that works on audio gear on a regular basis should be able to give this unit an overhaul. It should be checked for deteriorating solder joints and the controls and switches should be cleaned. Other than that, there is really nothing that needs to be done. I perform these maintenance jobs all the time for $80 fixed rate. Please note that spraying out the controls is sometimes a catch-22. The spray will clean the existing contacts and continue to "work" on the accumulated "crud" that exists inside the controls. After a month or so, the controls may become crackly. Re-spraying and flushing out the loosened dirt will fix it. This process may have to be repeateed a few times before the cracking disappears completely. This is normal as it has taken a long time to accumulate the dirt and takes a little while to remove it completely. The reflushing can be done at home with an electronics switch cleaner. Please make sure that the particular cleaner also contains a lubricant.


Apr 03, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a sansui au-717 ampand the left speaker side dosen't work for either A or B speakers. already swapped speakers so I know it's not a speaker problem..........

the amp will most likely need to be replaced but the pre amp will need to be checked first
can you perform these tests ?


Nov 26, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I own a classic Sansui intergrated amplifier (AU-717). It has a short in one channel. At low volume, the sound shorts out. I've had this unit for about 20 years now. Otherwise, it's a great product!

Hi mellemcee

Cool amp mate, and becoming collectable now to. Sansui amps from the era where the best in the world of HiFi. iT may have lost bias control to the offending channel, it may have dirty source switches, tape monitor switch, or even speaker switching. The speaker protection relay may also have a dirty contact, will usually burst back into life with a quick rotation of the vol control. Can you pin the problem down a little more with the info i have given you, try all the controls to see if it impacts on operations, you will need to fix those problems first. Low bias would make that channel sound distorted at low levels also. Is this what is happening to you??


Apr 18, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

686 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5309 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74887 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides