Question about Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
I just got a new computer and VISTA. When I installed Printmaster 16 -- everything seems to work okay, but I am unable to use the "SAVE AS PDF" function. I get an error message that tells me I don't have a PDF printer driver... and that I should try reinstalling Printmaster again.
Well... I've done this install four times. And nothing is working. Any suggestions??????????????
1. In Tools/Options/General Options, check the box beside "Optimal Printing Resolution".
2. Go to File/Printer Setup/Printer Setup.
3. Under "Name" select Broderbund PDF Converter v2.10d
4. Next, go to File/Professional Printing.
5. Select "Save As PDF".
6. At the next screen, type the name of the PDF file you want to save in "Project Name".
7. Under "PDF Resolution", select 600 dpi.
8. Click on "Save As". In the next window, browse to the folder in which you want to save the file (for example: My Documents).
9. Click on the "Save" button.
10. PrintMaster will save the PDF file to the folder you selected.
11. Open the file in Adobe Acrobat to make sure all the elements and pages are there and that it looks as expected.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
found the fix for printmaster 18 broderbund pdf saving problems...
1-close all open programs and return to desktop.
2-click START and choose CONTROL PANEL
4-right click on BRODERBUND PDF CREATER, then select PROPERTIES (the broderbund PDF creater properties window will open)
5-click the PORTS tab, then select ADD PORT button. (the printer ports window will open)
6-click NEW PORT, then enter PMPDF in the ENTER A PORT NAME window, then click OK
7-click CLOSE at the PRINTER PORTS window. you will now be looking at the broderbund PDF creater properties window
8-a check mark will be located next to the new PMPDF printer port. click APPLY. the broderbund pdf creator will now be located next to the new port. click OK.
9-exit all windows and restart the computer. once the computer restarts, you can save your project as a pdf file.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
As a work around untill we can figure this issue out. http://www.acrosoftware.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
This is a FREE PDF Print to file program.
At the top left of the page the are links to the PDF Creator and the Required GPL Ghostscript 8. The program will not function without it. Both programs work with x64 Vista. Read the website for the other benifits or the program.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Please get the correct driver here :
Posted on Feb 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Nov 08, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Oct 13, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Apr 28, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Mar 05, 2010 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Nov 08, 2009 | Broderbund PrintMaster Gold 16 for PC
Jun 10, 2009 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Jan 28, 2009 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
Feb 09, 2008 | Broderbund PrintMaster Platinum 16
982 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: