Moving photos from pc to Elura 65 camcorder memory card
Is there a device to plug into my usb port that will allow me to move photos from my pc to my memory card? I want to use the card in a digital frame, but my Canon Elura camera isn't recognized as a drive by my PC and the camera software allows camera-to-pc transfer only. Thanks.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most Windows PCs have USB ports, but no Firewire port. As they do not come with this interface, you need to fit an add-on Firewire interface card into one of the PCI bus expansion slots. You can buy these cards cheaply from eBay or Amazon. They will come with a driver for the card.
Of course, this only works with desktop computers, laptops or notebooks cannot be expanded in this way.
First off I don't condone or advise hitting an electronic device but, from the advice of another post I did it and it worked. It shouldn't have but it did. I hit the bottom of the camcorder with the palm of my hand and it worked perfectly afterward.
To download from the tape (not the memory card) you need a firewire cable, and a computer that has firewire compatibility. Most laptops have this, but desktops may require a firewire card to be installed.
I tried to look over the camera for 20 minues and could not find any slot to put the USB cable in. I looked over the camera just one last time before giving up and and i found a little pull tab on the front of the camera. I pulled the tab and it opened showing a circular insert (for hookup to a TV) and a USB slot!
It sounds like you're plugging the camcorder in via USB. Your PC is looking for a flash memory card (SD card on the GS300), which is used on that camcoder for still photos only.
If you want to transfer video from the camcorder, you need to use the Firewire port. DV camcorders do not transferr video via USB (some of the "computer" style camcorders, including most flash, DVD and HDD camcorders, can use USB for file transfers).
You may want to check the record lockout safety switch located on the tape. This button can get moved by accident and the camera will refuse to record on that tape. Also, be sure the camera is in "video" mode, not "photo" mode. Some of Canons camcorders have a digital still camera mode which stops the camcorder from functioning because the photos are being recorded to a memory card and not your tape, please check this swithc as well.
The only Analog camcorder that has a USB Connection for transferring pictures or video is the SC-L770. The SC-L770 can transfer video (live or recorded) and still photos through the USB connection. You can also transfer audio using the audio cable provided.
After installing the driver and software, you can begin transferring data using the software provided.
Connecting to a PC
1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the PC.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable into the proper terminal on the camcorder. (USB jack)
3. Connect the audio cable to the Line input jack of the PC. If the PC has no Line input jack, connect the audio cable to the MIC input jack. In this case, however, a noise may be produced depending on the PC.
* If you disconnect the USB cable from the PC or the camcorder while transferring, the data transmission will stop and the data may be damaged.
* If you connect the USB cable to a PC via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with other USB devices, the camcorder may not work properly.
* In this case, remove the other USB devices from the PC and reconnect the camcorder.
Some other Analog Camcorders have a snapshot mode which allows you to take a still photo with your camcorder. However, you cannot transfer these to a computer unless you purchase additional hardware such as a capture card. Some capture cards have analog a/v inputs which will allow you to use the a/v outputs on the camcorder to connect to your pc and transfer images and video. You can purchase a capture card at most computer and electronics stores. Samsung does not support capture cards.