Question about Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
The solution posted by guest using http://nwe00xmp3man.sourceforge.net/
works great. Sony's stupid software won't install on my computer so my wife couldn't use her mp3 player. This enabled me to add music finally!
Here are more detailed instructions if needed:
1. Click on the link (best to right-click and open in new window or tab so you can still refer to this page): http://nwe00xmp3man.sourceforge.net/
2. The page that opens provides some information about the program. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link there.
3. Click download in the green box located in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. You should now see a list of files (JavaStage, nwe00xmp3man, Optionals). Click on "nwe00xmp3man".
5. You should now have a longer list of files (v0.17, v0.16, etc). You should also see the file "NW-E00X_MP3_File_Manager-0.17a.jar" or something similar if a newer version has been developed towards the top of the screen. If this file is not visible click on the highest "v0.xx" file (it is v0.17 as of the moment). The .jar file should now be available. Right click on the .jar file and "save as" on your desktop.
6. Click on the back button in your internet browser and then click on the "Optionals" file.
7. Right click on the OMGAUDIO.zip file and "save as" on your desktop.
From here the directions provided by guest are pretty clear. Format your mp3 player. Copy the .jar file and the unzipped OMGAUDIO folder to your player. To use double-click the .jar file in the player, browse to find the songs you want to add in your computer, use the buttons in the lower left corner of the program to add the songs, and then click on the save icon in the very bottom right corner of the program ("Write titles to player") and you're done.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
I am affraid that you will not be able to load music without SonicStage. At least I do not know any media software to do it.
Posted on May 22, 2008
I have a nw-e005f and i cant run the sonicstage software for transferring the songs, it says the system information has changed, i followed the instruction in the official esupport website but it didnt work, i had thid problom in another pc, is there any other software i could use?
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
Hello my friend
please help me to solve this problem : i copied some musics on my player but when i want to play them ,this message appear in my device : NO DATA
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
I found this software which has worked well so far...
steps I took:
1) format player by right clicking on it's icon and choose format, use FAT not FAT32 in drop down box
2) download the software, copy the .jar file onto the player
3) download the "optional" OMGAUDIO.ZIP from the same sourceforge site
4) unzip the OMGAUDIO.ZIP and copy the entire OMGAUDIO folder to the player (it must somehow differ from the one originally on the player?)
5) Double click the .jar file on the player to run the software
Also, after choosing the tracks you want to add they show up in the bottom window of the software but you then need to press the button in the bottom right ("write to player I think"...?) before it actually puts them on the player.
notes: The OMGAUDIO download says it's optional but I got a "database error" before I copied that folder to the player.
You need to have java 6 installed on your computer, which you can get from sun's website (just search google for java update)
final step: break your sonicstage CD in half and mail it to sony.
Cheers to the guy who wrote this software
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2011 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Nov 13, 2009 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Apr 25, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 10, 2008 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Nov 09, 2015 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
1,767 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: