- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
when you hook the cable up your computer will auto detect it and pop up a menu asking you what you would like to do. you will then say copy files and direct the location they go to. If you do not get this popup look inside your my computer icon and it should give you a drive letter with name of your phone. select that and drag photos over
1. If your phone has a memory card then copy the picture files from the memory card to the computer. You can do copying first the pics you have on your phone to the memory stick, get the memory stick out and insert into the memory card reader on your computer. You can access the memory card from your computer and copy out the files to your computer.
2. You can transfer pictures also via bluetooth, this is possible if your phone has a bluetooth on it. Locate your bluetooth on your phone and switch it on. Go to your picture folder and open the picture you intend sending. Click on Options > Send > Bluetooth. Make sure the bluetooth on the recieving device (Computer) is on.
3. Transfer the picture via USB and Infrared. Get the USB cable that came with phone and connect to the computer, it would auto start. This would allow you locate the pictures on the phones and copy straight to your PC.
hi sorry i cant help but maybe u can help me u seem further along than me... ive loaded software and connected mobile via usb cable now what? i want to load pics to laptop same as u and im also running vista.. i see content in tools but it dosnt appear to open?? any ideas
You can try to install the CD that comes with your phone to your computer, then you can connect your phone using the usb cable provided. Then you can have an access to your phone's memory, this way you can transfer data to both ways.
But, since LG systems have usually problems in this usb transfers (According to the most of the users, may depend from model to model also), you can simply transfer your pictures from your computer to your microSD card (your phone has an SD card, and you can plug that microSD in a card reader using a SD adapter), then you can plug your microSD card back in your phone, and then you'll have your pictures in your phone.
ok people i have solved the problem with the g1 not recognizing being hooked up to the computer. the usb cords that are sent with the g1 are very crappy. use another usb mini to connect to your computer. theres no installation required just hook it up and select mount and open up my computer and go to removable disk to access you files.
you actually don;t really need the CD. you only need the cable to connect to a pc via USB. or you can connect using Bluetooth if your computer supports bluetooth
if your connecting via USB. be sure to set some settings first
go to <Phone Settings >Connectivity > USB Connection > select MASS STORAGE
when you plug your phone. your phone should act like a regular mass storage device. Take note that only the External Memory is accessbile. (NOT the INTERNAL Phone Memory) so be sure to have a Memory card in your phone.
so it will be helpfull to set the default storage of pictures/files/etc to the external memory