'read error' comes up when i go to look at the pics taken
Hi. I hope you can help me. Basically I seem to be able to take photos fine, bt when i come to press the play button to view them , and scan back theough them, it gets to a point and then comes up with 'read error' . Is this a graphics card issue?
Be grateful for your help. Cheers, Laura.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Actually the camera is fine and the cause of problem is memory card, Mostly cheaper cards do this but the original cards don't. And as far as concern that you have lost many precious pics, No need to worry about it. Just install any recovery software on your PC and with the help of the software you can get back your pics, Secondly, shift all your pics on memory card in your PC and then format the card through camera, this will solve your problem.(Remember that run recovery software before you format the card if you need to get back your data from memory card) Thanks
Sounds like the card is failing - try recovering the images with a free software package - Google will find you lots - then Format or discard the card. Format in the camera - NEVER format using a computer
You are basically right. Its basically as easy to replace as it costs to repair, unfortunately those are your options. You could inquire as to an estimate to make your decision easier, or locate an independent repair shop as they may be cheaper. The camera would need to be taken apart and I only recommend that if you know what your doing. Thanks, Lee
I have exactly the same problem and am wondering if this is due to memory card? I have a lot of pics showing file error and some pictures with a panel from another pics. Can you please keep us updated on your follow ups and let us know if we can help?
If you can review the photos on the card while it is still in the camera (and by review, I mean go back and forth between multiple photos on the card), then there are two possibilities:
1. The photos really are on the card, and your computer can't read the card.
2. The photos really AREN'T on the card, and are perhaps in internal memory on the camera instead.
Some thoughts for things to try:
1. Put the card in the camera, take a few photos, make sure you can review them all on the camera. Take the card out. NOW try reviewing photos on the camera with NO card in. What happens?
2. Try putting the card in your card reader in your computer. Copy a file (any file, a word document, anything) from your hard drive onto the card. Is it there? Can you copy the file back off the card to somewhere else?
It sounds like the camera is fine, and the problem is with the card or the media reader.
Sounds like the file allocation table on the card got screwed up. Try Googling Compact Flash Data Recovery. I know you're not using compact flash cards but the techniques for data recovery are pretty much the same regardless of the media. If and when you're able to recover what you can, I wouldn't use that card anymore myself. Good luck!