Question about Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma Television
My Haier 42EP24S seems to have the same problem with sound but no picture. I noticed someone had posted that the unit has 2 power supplies. One for video and another for audio. I have the upgrade kit coming. Could it be possible the video power supply is the issue? Sears was no help and Haier was no help. Just the run around from both when contacted. Last $ of mine they'll get!
I bought the kit and installed it and it worked great, till my ex knocked the tv over and broke the screen, so anyone needs the parts let me know email@example.com
Posted on Dec 01, 2009
No picture no sound, blue lights are on. what can the problem be. HAIER 32
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
1. Disconnect power to the unit.
2. Remove the rear access panel by taking out ten screws, 5 across the top and 5 across
the bottom. Use care when handling the cables connected to the power switch, so they
are not weakened during this handling.
3. Locate 1C #1110 on the digital board, carefully remove it from the 1C socket and replace it
with the new 1C. Note: Be sure to take precautions to avoid electrostatic discharges,
which could damage the new 1C.
4. Once the new 1C is installed, re-attach the rear access panel and apply power to the
5. Turn on the monitor with the remote.
6. Wait about 10 seconds and look for a date to be displayed on the left side of the screen.
(If no date is displayed then proceed with step #7. If the date appears skip to step #11)
7. Using the Volume button (Remote or Monitor) turn the volume all the way down.
8. Hold the Menu button on the Monitor.
9. Press the Menu button on the Remote.
10. Press and hold the Volume button on the remote for 5 seconds and then release the
Menu button on the Monitor. After this step the date will appear on the left side of the
screen within 10 seconds.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
I have same problem with my plasma, haier was absolutly no help. could you email me tech manual and instructions for upgrade kit. thanks
Posted on May 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2010 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Jul 16, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
May 09, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Apr 13, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Jan 28, 2008 | Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
1,632 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: