My microwave sounds like it is working, but won't heat up the food. A few weeks before, the door hinge or something went on it too...the door became very heavy all of a sudden (door opens downward). Now it just doesn't heat the food. Help..it is not even 3 yrs old and very expensive
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The most likely problem is the magnetron that heats the food, the other less likely is the high voltage transformer that energizes the magnetron. To replace either part with labor would be as much if not more than a brand new microwave oven.
If this unit is only 1 week old, I would be calling the manufacturer tech service dept. Either they will send someone to fix it or they will have you return it for a replacement...<br />
Sounds like the Magnetron has failed....<br />
<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-ansi-language: EN" lang="EN"><br />Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips<br /><a href="http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting" target="_blank">http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting</a><br /><br />heatman101</span><br />
Hello, I had the same problem, and just fixed mine. Start by turning on your microwave (on mine, the light turned on and timer worked, but the fan nor the plate turned)... push the door upward and see if the microwave turns on... (mine did). so far so good. open the door and take the upper hinge cap off with flat head screwdrive. take the door off and place a small washer on the bottom hinge, put the door back on. your microwave should be good now. essentially, the door just needs to be pushed up a bit so it will work.
good luck, hope that works for you...
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be ready to burn out. If you smell the burning, you should then unplug the microwave, open it up and see if you can determine for sure that it is coming from that part. Unfortunately even if I am right, it is almost more cost effective to just replace the microwave rather than replace that part. You can run this microwave till it dies if you want, but I would be ready with a new one.