Everything was fine up to a few weeks ago, i play counter strike source and have been playing the same server for the past few months. The past week or so the keyboard suddenly takes control,if i move forward with the keys it will continue forward after i take my fingers of.Or move in the opposite direction. The mouse will freeze up for a few seconds as well, intermitantly. I have tried another keyboard and mouse, same results,in fact it's getting worse. Iv'e defraged the drives, cleaned the registry and junk files,virus and rookkit checked,spywared and adawared.Reinstalled the software, even reinstalled the game, nada.Hope u guy's can help. Iv'e been allowed to play in a tournament on sunday and am really looking forward to it, but if i can't sort it out i'm going to have to forfiet. All the best.Cos.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you experience lag while playing the game? If the game lags, mouse movement will probably lag as well. Do you have another mouse/trackpad/input device you can try? If your other input devices work, it could be a problem with your mouse.
Check to see that you have the latest drivers for your mouse. It could be that obsolete drivers are causing the problem.
Why download Java?
Java technology allows you to work and play in a secure computing environment.
Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few.
After you've downloaded Java, visit java.com to check out Java in Action in your daily life.
I've had DeathAdder for about 1 year and it started to do EXACTLY what previous people described, double-click instead of single, stops firing when I hold it in QuakeLive/Counter Strike (have to press it again, etc. etc.) windows cannot be dragged because it needs to be holding left drag, never had this before. same happens on MULTIPLE machines with this mouse, tried 2 diff laptops and desktop and even mac computer....so it's must be something with the mouse not OS/Computer
it's possible that your connector isn't properly seated and/or getting a good connection and the large amount of mouse movement that games like Counter-Strike require could be causing it to unseat and reseat sporadically. If your model is a USB unplug and plug it back in "firmly". also you can try using a different USB port.
The reason it's taking 10-15 seconds is because windows is uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse in your hardware profile every time it loses connection. Since this is a fairly memory intensive operation as far as windows goes and you're already playing a video game (which are notorious for using large amounts of RAM and CPU time) that's just how long it's taking.
If unplugging and reinserting the cable doesn't work, your best solution would most likely be to simply go out and buy another mouse.
Hmm...I managed to solve the problem of mouse "breaking" while playing counter strike..Its a lil technical...
1. Right Click My Computer -> Properties 2. Choose 'Hardware' tab and then 'Device Manager' 3. You should see a Yellow exclamation mark on 'Razer Copperhead USB mouse' under 'Human Interface devices' 4. Right click -> properties ------------------------------------------------------------- I do not exactly remember the wordings of the prompts that appear after this..
5. Click on something which says "install / update driver" 6. Choose the 1st option which has something missing in one of the columns.. 7. Unzip downloaded driver files on your desktop 8. Choose logical options from here... 9. At some point it will ask for "Razerlow.sys" file... 10. Click browse and go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers....you will find it there... 11. Choose logical options from here and your "breaking" problem will be solved... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This does not solve the "No mouse detected" message in configurator...but atleast you can play your favorite game :-)
just try to reinstall the drivers from the cd if all ells fails take it back and get a replacment S ITS only a few weeks old i have the same system key board and this is some thing that has not happen to me