Question about Computers & Internet
There are a couple things you can check to troubleshoot this problem further.
1. Check the IDE cables which connect the drives to the motherboard. Make sure they are plugged in securely in both locations.
2. Enter setup and make sure the bios has recognized the drives properly, and that they are not disabled.
3. Replace one of your cd rom drives with one that works. If the replacement drive works fine then the old drive is bad.
If the replacement drive doesn't work, then it could be one of the following three problems.
1. The IDE cables need to be replaced
2. The IDE connector on the motherboard is bad (assuming both cd/dvd drives are connected to the same motherboard connector)
3. The power supply is going bad
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Looks as though you have lost or corrupted the drivers. Assuming you are on XP (?) try restoring your computer to an earlier date.
Start -Help and support - undo changes with sytem restore
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Click on Start, Run, and type regedit and press Enter
Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
After deleting the keys, close the registry editor
Reboot your computer
Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
hope this helps
Jul 19, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 31, 2012 | Acer Aspire AX3400-U2022 PT.SE202.007...
Jan 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | NEC Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2007 | Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!