Question about Computers & Internet
There are a couple things you can check to troubleshoot this problem further.
1. Check the IDE cables which connect the drives to the motherboard. Make sure they are plugged in securely in both locations.
2. Enter setup and make sure the bios has recognized the drives properly, and that they are not disabled.
3. Replace one of your cd rom drives with one that works. If the replacement drive works fine then the old drive is bad.
If the replacement drive doesn't work, then it could be one of the following three problems.
1. The IDE cables need to be replaced
2. The IDE connector on the motherboard is bad (assuming both cd/dvd drives are connected to the same motherboard connector)
3. The power supply is going bad
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Looks as though you have lost or corrupted the drivers. Assuming you are on XP (?) try restoring your computer to an earlier date.
Start -Help and support - undo changes with sytem restore
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Click on Start, Run, and type regedit and press Enter
Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
After deleting the keys, close the registry editor
Reboot your computer
Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
hope this helps you
Apr 05, 2012 | NEC MultiSpin ND-1300A (ND-1300A)...
Sep 03, 2009 | Pioneer DVR-111D (DVR111DBK) DVD RW Dual...
Jun 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 05, 2009 | Evesham Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2008 | Pioneer (DVR-K15 BLACK) DVD RW Dual Layer...
Jan 29, 2008 | Sansui VRDVD5000 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 06, 2007 | Sony DVDirect (VRDVC20) DVD±RW Dual...
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!