Question about Epson Stylus C67 Photo Printer
As i turn on the power switch of my epson stylus cx4100 the 'roller' (mechanism part) keeps rolling and when it stops, the red led (Error) lights. Sometimes when i print a document it gets a PAPER JAM error message even if there's no any paper jam inside it. I wanted to disassemble the printer thinking that there's a foreign object inside that gives such paper jam message but i don't know how to remove the cover. Can anybody help me how to remove the PAPER JAM message on it? Is there anyone who can give me illustrations on how to disassemble my printer?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Red Paper light keeps flashing
Try to find thge combination of buttons that reset the printer. there are many possiblities due to the modles - but try pressing any 2 and whilst holding them down switch off and then on again. Also this utility could proce use full. When it is loaded -right click the task bar icon. www.ssclg.com
Posted on Oct 02, 2007
I have the same exact problem of paper half torn removed but I can not see the other half anywhere. The printer has hardly worked for at the most six pages and now showing paper jam error. How do I fix it?
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: Epson Stylus D88 Plus paper jam
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
You can download the repairer's manual for free from http://pcprinter.blogspot.com/2008/05/service-manual-for-epson-89012801290.html which is where the solution below is listed (p.68).
Basically Epson want you (or, rather, a service centre which you'll have to pay!) to replace the waste ink pad every so many copies. However, you can reset the printer even without replacing anything by switching it off on the silver button, switching it on again whilst holding down the two black buttons alongside it, then releasing them all before quickly holding down just the left-hand black button for 10 seconds. You have only three seconds to do this after switching back on, whilst the green and red lights are flashing together. If you're not quick enough on the first try, switch off using the silver button and repeat the procedure!
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
i had the same problem and checked for paper jam but wasnt any so i kept turning on the printer while looking in side and found that one of the little white cogs where the ink box rests wasnt catching when i pushed it into place the printer set itself and started working maybe you could try this. good luck.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
on Sep 17, 2008 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Apr 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 21, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 27, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
May 06, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 11, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 03, 2010 | Epson Stylus C67 Photo Printer
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!