Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
From the above select option "Rebuild Database". After PS3 has executed this DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu.
Posted on Jun 07, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 20, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 14, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jul 15, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 09, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 01, 2007 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!