- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi,the easycap is a plug and play device ( it dose not need drivers ) but there are many copy's of this device out there ( very cheap ) and they are very difficult to get the sound working ( is this your problem ? ) there are many video capture software out there and most video players will capture your video. depending on what software you get will depend on how difficult it will be to capture sound. so to sum up all you need is a video capture video player ? ( windows media player/webcam max/VLC player etc )
In my experience with the Easycap software the quality of sound & vision is very poor. My recommendation is as follows:
1) Use windows movie maker instead to capture video.Use the 2M byte/sec capture rate. Make sure the box for "make video clips" is NOT selected - you probably don't want your vid chopped into little bits.
2) In my experience USB audio is rubbish on these devices, so instead connect your PC or laptop audio LINE IN to your sound source. Don't forget to set sound source in RECORDING section of Control Panel Sound devices to Line In instead of your Easycap (which the Easycap drivers would have preset it to by default).
here is a general look at the drivers and how to update them if your computer came with a motherboard disc the drivers could be on it click start control panel administrive tools ,computer management ,device manager look through all of your devices if you see a yellow question mark?or exclamation mark ! or red x right click to reinstall drivers or if you can see your usb but its not working ports(com&lpt)right click update driver hope this helps
what you need to do is make sure your connected with everything here is a website on how to set up your capture card easily. You will need 3 female splitters and 2 tri-colored rca sockets all male on both ends Red White and Yellow.