Question about Mtd Troy-Bilt Bronco OHV Tiller
Remove the air filter and set aside.
Take a can of carburetor cleaner and spray the inside of the carburetor.
Let it set for a moment and then try starting the engine. It should run a few seconds. Repeat. When it starts squirt a small shot of cleaner in the carburetor to keep it running. That should remove the varnish the gas leaves as it evaporates over the winter.
If it still won't keep running then there is trash in the float bowl plugging the needle valve seat and the jets.
1) Turn off the gas or remove the gas line and plug it with a small screw or stick to keep it from leaking out of the gas tank.
2) Look on the bottom of the bowl for a nut .
3) Remove the nut and drop the float bowl.
4) Carefully remove the pin holding the float and needle valve assembly.
5) Take the carburetor cleaner with the straw it comes with and spray every hole in the carburetor to clean the jets . (up through the needle valve seat, down top of the carburetor , see a hole, spray it with the cleaner.)
6) Clean the float bowl.
7) Reassemble and make sure the gas isn't leaking and try to start it again.
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2013 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower
Oct 10, 2010 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower
Aug 16, 2010 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower
Aug 14, 2009 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower
Jun 20, 2009 | Troy Bilt Tb70ss Gas Trimmer
727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: