Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
How to troubleshoot my laptop lcd? before it has a line only but now it has 4 verrtical lines, please help me.
Try to remove or delete the video adapter in the device manager then refresh it to enable the windows to reinstall the video adapter.
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
This is the most common errors/problems in lcd screen, create vertical or horizontal line. As i consult our resident electronic technician. he found out that the is a problem in vertical or horizontal projection panel board. The problems needs a series of testing and troubleshooting to shoot issue and resolve. So therefore your problem can be resolved only by personally servicing the unit. I suggest you to contact the vendor or the repairman in your area.
PS: pls do not rate me if my solution not solve the issue and you need more further information. but if is invaluable solution rate me fixya.
best regards, melnavz
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
1. Video card failure.
2. Bad connection between video cable and LCD screen.
3. Bad LCD screen.
4. Faulty video cable.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
1. First of all, test the laptop video output on the external monitor. If you see same flashing lines running through the image on the external monitor, you have a problem with the video card. If flashing lines appear only on the laptop screen, the failure is not related to the video card.
2. Just in case, try re-seating the video cable connectors on the motherboard/video card and maybe the back of the LCD screen. It' s not likely but possible that connection is loose and reconnecting the cable will fix the flashing lines.
3. If re-seating the cable connectors doesn't help, most likely you have a faulty LCD screen. The LCD screen has to be replaced.
4. If replacing the screen doesn't help, try replacing the video cable. It's very unlikely that this problem is related to the video cable but there is a slight possibility of that.
Oct 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 16, 2010 | Canon NP 6035 Copier
Sep 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!