Question about Maytag Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Kenmore Elite HE4t Washer
A BEST AND DETAILED SOLUTION TO CODE F2 AND SUD ERROR MESSAGE.
If you are getting an F2 error message or a SUD error message, and are observing some water in the tub that is not draining at end of cycle, and your washi cycle is taking a lot longer that normal to complete,then here is what to do.
This solution is easy, and will take no more that 15 minutes, from start to finish, and most of that time is in the --prep-- (getting tools, towels, etc.). This WILL save you a expensive service call.
There are 3 small 9/32 hex head screws that hold the front panel on. The front panel I'm speaking of is --below-- the washer window.
These screws can be found::
a. if you have the optional washer storage drawer unit,, they can be found by opening the drawer, and observing the 3 screws (left, middle, and right side, that hold the front panel on.
b. if you DONT have the optional drawer assembly, then they are found on the front, bottom, of the washer, again holding the front panel on the washer.
1. unscrew the 3 hex head screws (9/32 socket or nut driver size)
2. lower/remove the front panel, and set it asisde on some towels, so as not to scratch the front panel.
3. get something now to soak up at least a gallon of water that WILL empty onto the floor.
4. observe large WHITE drain cap, at front center of washer.
5. unscew white drain cap --WARNING-- lots of water WILL drain out when you loosen the white cap. Once all the water is out, remove and take out the filter trap.
6. clean out the front and bottom of the filter trap. I'm sure lint, and gosh knows what else have cloged some of the holes
7. wipe out the inside of the housing for the filter trap (observe lots of -gunk- there too).
8 put back in filter trap, tighten white cap, and put front panel on washer with same 9/32 screws you took off earlier.
Now I ran a test --express wash-- cycle, just to be sure all was OK,, and it was.
Now go get your wife and have her complete that laundry that was waiting for the washer to get repaired. OK sorry,, maybe you should just do the laundry your self, and get some points later.
Hope this step by step was helpful... Have a great day.
Washer Guy in Kansas City, MHE
Posted on May 05, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore Elite HE4t Washer
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ADVISE OUR WASHER HAD THE SUD CODE POPPING UP AND WOULD NOT COMPLETE THE RINSE CYCLE. WE TOOK OFF THE 3 SCREWS ON THE BOTTOM COVER REMOVED THE FILTER AND THERE WAS LENT AND LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING ELSE. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.
Posted on May 07, 2008
I found most of this on another site, and am including it here for your enjoyment. The problems are listed sort of in progression; try step 1 before 2, etc. It sounds like the tech gave you the most common cause and solution, but it sounds like two cycles may be necessary to rule out the detergent solution.....it usually is though. But WAIT! There's MORE!
The motor control unit senses a suds lock condition by analyzing the current draw on the drive motor. If “Sud” is displayed a potential suds lock is detected. This may signify a bad pump, an extra heavy load, excessive detergent, or excessive suds.
• If too much detergent was used, run the unit through a Rinse/ Spin cycle then a Normal cycle without adding any detergent. This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked
• Check Wire Harness connections to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check / Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects
• Check Drain Pump
• Check the Pressure Switch
• Check CCU
Replace failed component.
I hope you found this to be of help, and at least mildly entertaining!
Best regards, --W/D-- please feel free to rate his solution!
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
Your code Sd is most likely related to 'slow drain', which can be the pump in the machine or the drain behind it. Check to be sure the drain is clearing quickly enough and if so, have the pump on the washer checked. In the meantime, if you hit cancel and let it sit a bit then hit start, it should take right off and finish the cycle. Hope this helps!
Posted on May 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2015 | Maytag EPIC MFW9700S Front Load Washer
Aug 04, 2014 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
May 22, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jun 30, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
May 23, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
Nov 13, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Mar 02, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Nov 14, 2007 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!