Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
My playstation 3 will only go to a black screen, it goes from fuzzy then i turn it on and it goes to a black screen. the green light is on everyting else is hooked up correctly?? hwat is wrong. like it wont load. no sound no video
He said it goes fuzzu and then the screen goes blanc. I have the same problem its some sort of loose connection and its nothing to do with the lens. Try moving your playstation around it should come back on but only for a while till the connection goes again.
Posted on Oct 01, 2011
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
If after trying the above options and it still does not solve the problem, then maybe the lens is weak and that's why it cannot read any disc.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck.
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2011 | LG Scarlet 42LG6000 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
1. Place you finger on the on/off sensor leave it their until you console turns off then take you finger off the sensor.
2. Place your finger back on the on/off sensor leave it their until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then take your finger off.
3. Once the safe mode screen comes on select the option PS3 SYSTEM RESTORE.
NOTE: A PS3 system restore will delete all data except the OS. I recommend backing up your console onto a USB flash drive if possible.
Feb 24, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 07, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 09, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 01, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 18, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 28, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jun 02, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!