Question about Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
I bought it about two years ago because I have all hardwood floors. I have a feeling that it has never worked properly. Because I didn't need it to work on rugs, I just assumed that there would be a switch to turn on the brush. I didn't notice that the brush was not rotating until I purchased an area rug. Obviously, I can't return the vac now, but I want to know what I am looking at in repair costs and if there is anything I can do to try to fix it myself.
Have you tried pusing in the little red buton on the side of the brushes cos if thats out they wont work
Posted on Jun 13, 2010
My Dyson has a 5 year guarantee - so you should be able to return it for repair or replacement.
I have the same problem. Last time it happened, all that was required was that the filters needed washing - and the roller began to work again. (Dyson ball). This time nothing will make it work! So, tomorrow, it is going back.
Posted on Aug 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2015 | Shark Vacuums
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Jun 26, 2014 | Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Feb 19, 2014 | Vacuums
Feb 25, 2013 | Dyson DC15 All Floors - The Ball Bagless...
Mar 14, 2010 | Sebo Air Belt C2.1 Bagged Canister Vacuum
Nov 04, 2009 | Vacuums
Aug 24, 2009 | Bissell Lift-Off(R) Revolution(R) Turbo...
Aug 05, 2009 | iRobot Roomba 4300 Robotic Vacuum
Jan 27, 2009 | Oreck XL2200 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Feb 11, 2016 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Sep 05, 2015 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
881 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: