Question about Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
MY WASHER WATER WONT SHOT OFF IT JUST KEEPS RUNNING EVEN WHEN WASHER STARTS SPINNING WHAT DO I NEED TO LOOK AT TO FIX THE PROBLEM
Hi and welcone to FixYa. I am Kelly. When water wont shut off no matter what you do the problem is inside of the water valve assy. Usually there is a small bit of debris in the diaphram center hole that is holding the water passage open.
Here is what you can try to do to clear if BEFORE replacing the eater Valve.
1. Get a bucket
2. Turn off both water supply hoses momentarily
3. Set the water temp to warm
4. Remove ONE hose from the wall connection and place the hose in a the bucket.
5. Turn on the remaning connected hose/
6. Start machine fill cycle and tap the hose connection at the water valve on the back of the machine with either a screw driver or hammer handle.
REVERSE HOSE CONNECTIONS ON THE WALL CONNECTION.
7. Place the other hose in the bucket
8. Start Fill cycle.
9. Again tap the hose connection at the water valve
10. Stop timer.
11. Reconnect both hoses and test for water flow with timer off.
12. Start fill cycle
13. Rapidly select hot and cold wash water.
14. STOP fill cycle.
15. Remove each hose individually from the water valve one at a time.
16. Use a knive blade and remove the inlet screen from the water valve. Wash screen under slowly running water rubbing it clean with your fingers. Re install screen. Reconnect water hose.
17. Repeat step 16 for opposite hose and screen.
18. Turn on water supply.
19. Test for proper filling and water stopping by starting and stopping fill cycle.
If it works you got lucky. If you still have the problem you will need to change the water valve. Either one of these water valves will work on your machine:
Thanks for using FixYa.
That is about it
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2009 | Washing Machines
Sep 14, 2009 | GE WVSR1060A Top Load Washer
Jun 11, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jan 27, 2009 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
May 19, 2008 | Frigidaire FEX831CS Top Load Stacked...
Nov 13, 2007 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Oct 20, 2006 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3t Front Load Washer
353 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: