Question about Computers & Internet
Laptop does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· try the following first.check battery is seated correctly and that the power pack is functioning,
· if the battery has gone flat and the power pack is not working ,the laptop will not start.
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the screw(s) holding the cover plate on the back of the laptop where the ram lives and remove the memory sticks,
· clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one,
· try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends laptop ,if that's possible, or
· get a friend or family member to download a "memory chip diagnostic's" program such as memcheck 1.70 and boot up of it ,it will check your ram ,if not
· take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram and power pack is ok, try a boot-able anti virus disc and a recovery /system disc's , if that don't work,
· it may be that the motherboard or the cpu is failing
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the laptop from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3100 Notebook
Oct 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 31, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 5520-5929 Notebook
Aug 22, 2008 | Intel Mackie UAD1 Powered PCI Plugin for...
Nov 13, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!