Question about Compaq Armada M700 Notebook
1. In Windows Explorer, browse to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Proof.en\
2. Right click on Proof.XML file, select "Open With…" in the right click menu.
3. In the "Open With" window, select Notepad to be used to open the XML file. In Vista, if you can’t see the Notepad option, simply double click the "Other Programs" to unhide it.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the Proof.XML to locate the following lines:
</Feature> <Feature Id="SetupXmlFiles" Cost="1248′>
5. Change the AlwaysInstalled to neverInstalled so that the line looks like following:
6. Save the Proof.xml file. In Windows Vista, you may need to take ownership and grant full access permission to yourself before able to modify the file.
7. You can now launch Microsoft Office 2007 application such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and etc without prompting for activation.
As usual, as it’s a hack, and before you purchase a valid product key for it, you won’t be able to AND can’t access any updates or Microsoft Office Online.
Please advise if this works on you... thanks
Posted on Jun 05, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2010 | Microsoft Office Word 2007 Full Version...
Jan 12, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Mar 13, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jan 24, 2009 | Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007: Windows
Dec 30, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Dec 24, 2008 | Microsoft Office Standard for PC
Aug 01, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Jul 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!