Question about Kodak EasyShare V550 Digital Camera

2 Answers

Lzoom lens goes out and in, immediately, then camera turns off

Zoom lens goes out and in immediately when I turn on, then turns automatically off. All else works. Pl. advise. Kush

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

Hey Kush update the v550 firmware. I had the exact same problem and that fixed it.

Posted on Apr 24, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

Pull the battery and plug the charger into the camera. It should turn on and take pics now. If it does, you need a new battery!

Yeah, I know, the battery shows fully charged but it's weak and old so it really doesn't have the current to drive the lens.

Try to clean the battery terminals with an abrasve pencil eraser, (old red eraser #2 pencil from grade school) and wiggle the battery in the camera (gently) to clean the terminals inside the camera.

Let the camera charge the battery completly, (not in the dock!) and see if it turns on.

If it does, you will probably find that it discharges VERY quickly.

Buy a new battery! That extra battery that you have had since you bought the camera is probably also shot! They do have a shelf life!

If the camera does not turn on with just the charger, (no battery) then it's probably a lens error, but you should see an error code if it is.

Good luck!


Posted on Apr 20, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

WB610 Camera buttons & lens aren't working as they should?

As soon as the camera is switched on, the lens barrel will come out. Everything should be ready to shoot pictures. If it is not responding to the buttons, you could try to remove the battery for a few moments. It will cause the camera, to start from scratch. Call it a cold boot. But then after switching on, it should respond normal, like you used to work with it. If it stays frozen, visit your dealer or contact a Samsung certified repair centre.

Mar 10, 2015 | Samsung WB610 Digital Camera Black

1 Answer

Camera beeps and turns off and lens won't retract

Lens error / Battery expire.
1. Use a new battery will fully charged and then use it. Hope you get good result.

2. Some time lens zooming gear getting damaged by dust. if that gear is scrached by dust then your lens can't work and it will stucked. Your camera automatically turn off.

Of those 2 85% chance of poor/ long time used Battery & 15% chance of lens zooming gear damaged.

Thanks, i am waiting for your feed back & if you satisfied then thumps me please.

Jan 31, 2010 | Cameras

1 Answer

Zooming problem

hi sanjeev,

Thats a only reason of turn off. Try one more things if you success then fine otherwise plz visit service center. I think you zooming botton internally short with power connection. Before that scan your memory card may be reson of virus. or remove your memory card format your internal camara mamory and try.
Thanks, i am waiting for your feed back & if you satisfied then thumps me please.

Jan 31, 2010 | Canon Cameras

1 Answer

When the camera is turned on the zoom lens goes in to max mode an

Your zooming button is faulty. You will have to contact service center, if you're not sure how to deal with repairing it yourself. The matter is simple, and it won't cost you much.

Dec 22, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S700 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Canon A95 Cannot be switched off

Hello there,
The E18 error is related to the LENS not able to retract fully. If it is still under warranty, I would advise you bring it to the nearest service center. This is to avoid further damages. Otherwise, you can try a few things below.
There are a couple of things you can do.
1. Turn it on and then off. Spray canned air around the lens.
If trick 1 will not work out, try this.
2. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Turn on the camera and then give it a couple of firm whacks on the side. Make sure nothing is blocking the lens and wait for it to fully retract.
Let me know how it goes.

Jul 05, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A95 Digital Camera

1 Answer

My sony cybershot 12.1 megapixel camera turns off and immediately turns off?

Hi, This problem is related to the lens block assembly, when turns the power the zoom motor stuck and set goes in power off mode. To rectify the problem you have to replace the lens block assy. you didn't mention model No. here so that i am not been able to tell you the exact part number of the camera. Thanks for using fixya.

Jun 14, 2009 | Sony Cameras

4 Answers

Zoom error

Turn Camera off remove batteries for a few moments. Re insert batteries. Turn on will reset itself. Ensure you use correct focus settings as per instructions. If you dont use correct settings this problem will reoccur.

Oct 27, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S1000FD Digital Camera

1 Answer

Zoom will not retract

Dear Grammie,

You have either experienced a lens error or your zoom dial is broken (both usually caused by some sort of impact damage, but which can be spontaneously occuring).

Look for an error message on your camera's LCD screen such as "E18," or "lens error restart camera." If you do not see a lens error but simply cannot retract your zom lens (go into wide angle mode) via the zoom lever then it simply maybe a broken command dial. Either way, however, you will need to have the camera serviced in all likelihood. Call tech support at 1-800-828-4040 M-F from 8 am to 12 midnight EST and Saturdays until 8 pm EST. Hope this helps.


May 22, 2008 | Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera

1 Answer

Automatically turns off...

possible lens failure ( or - damaged ) ; up to 50 % of replacement cost is reasonable repair ( if more , trading up is advised ) ;

Jun 28, 2007 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3 Digital Camera

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kodak EasyShare V550 Digital Camera Logo

Related Topics:

78 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kodak Cameras Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2600 Answers

Are you a Kodak Camera Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides