Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
AOL shortcut was created on your desktop. Due to some technical issues, the configuration might have changed. Do not worry. I will help you to re-create another shortcut of AOL on your desktop for one time click and work,
When the AOL software is installed, a shortcut is created on your Windows desktop, allowing you to quickly and easily sign on. If your desktop icon is missing, or if it points to a version of the software other than the one you would like, follow these instructions.
To create an AOL icon on your desktop
1. On the Start menu, select Programs, then click Windows Explorer (on Windows XP, select All Programs, Accessories, then click Windows Explorer).
2. Browse to the folder that has your AOL software (e.g., C:\Program Files A File is an electronic document which can be text, pictures, sounds, videos or whole programs. Reminder: Never download files from someone you don't know. Files may contain dangerous Trojan Horse programs that may capture your AOL password, severely damage your computer, or contain objectionable graphics. To report a violation in an attached file, please forward the e-mail to screen name TOSReports.\America Online 9.0).
3. Click the file waol.exe once to select it.
4. On the File menu, click Create Shortcut.
5. Drag the new shortcut icon (Shortcut to waol.exe) to your Windows desktop.
· You can rename your shortcut to something more meaningful to you. Simply press F2 on your keyboard while the shortcut is selected, type a new name, then press ENTER.
· To delete a shortcut, drag it to the Recycle Bin. Your AOL software will still be on your computer.
That should work. For further reference, click the link;
Posted on Jun 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2016 | Le Pan II 9.7" Tablet PC
Apr 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2013 | hotmail.com
Aug 19, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Oct 14, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Mar 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jul 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!