Question about Televison & Video
I have the list of codes for this remote, RCA R55L8-RCR4358, How do I ENTER the codes?
There are 4 ways to program your remote:
-Brand Code search and entry
-Direct code entry
-Manual Code search and entry
-Auto Code search and entry
*ON TV/VCR(DVD) combos you must program each button individually and that button(ie. TV or VCR/DVD) will program that part of your device.
*the DVD/VCR button programs DVD by default, in order to program it for VCR you must put it into VCR mode:
1.hold down the DVD-VCR button-->the red led will stay lit.
2.while holding down the DVD-VCR button press the number 2 --> the red led will turn off
3.Release the DVD-VCR button--> the red led blinks 4 times and turns off
4.The DVD-VCR button is now set to VCR mode-->program for VCR
BRAND CODE SEARCH ENTRY:
1. turn on device
2. locate brand codes(sorry, I don't have it, try finding genaric RCA codes)
3. hold down the component button--> led should stay on
4. while holding component button, also hold power button--> the led will turn off, then after 3 seconds it will turn back on.
5. release both buttons--> led will stay on
6. enter brand code--> led blinks once
7. press power button repeatedly until component turns off-->each time you press the power key the remote sends a different code for that brand. led blinks once
8. if power on your device turns off press the stop button to save configuration-> led turns off
9. if the led blinks 4 times and turns off, you have reached the end of the codes for that brand, try using a different method to program your device.
DIRECT CODE ENTRY:
1. turn on the device
2. locate your device codes
3. hold component key down-->led lights up and stays lit
4. enter code while holding components key--> as first key is pressed the led turn off, then as 4th digit of key is pressed the led turns back on
5. release component key-->led turns off, try using your remote, if it doesn't have all of the functions you need, try a different code
6. if the led blinks 4 times after entering code you have entered an invalid code, try again.
MANUAL SEARCH AND ENTRY:
1. turn on device
2. hold the component button--> led lights up and stays lit
3. while holding component button hold power button-> led turns off then turns back on after 3 seconds
4. release both buttons--> led stays lit
5. push the power button a bunch of times until the device shuts off-> each time the power button is pressed a different code is sent to the device, the led blinks each time.
6. if the device turns off press the stop button to save your config.
7. if the led blinks 4 times you have reached the end of the code list, there are hundreds of codes, you may be pressing the power button for a while...
AUTO CODE SEARCH AND ENTRY:
1. repeat steps 1-4 of "manual search and entry"
2. press the "play" button--> led blinks 10 times, sending a code each time
3. continue pressing the play button until the device turns off
4. if the device turns off press the reverse key to until it turns back on then press the stop key to save config.
5. if the led blinks 4 times you have run out of codes, try a different method.
Now if someone would please post the codes, or if someone knows the code for a durabrand DVD-1002...
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
I need an replcement remote,or could you tell my where to purchased one for.my home theater system. I have an rca with the model #rt2770 .thanks melvina anderson email@example.com
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
after hours of searching, I found this and followed the instructions it worked for me. hope this helps you all out
1 Hold down the television and power button till it turns red
2. Then press play once the light will blink once it stops if the t.v. has not turned on press again, continue until the t.v. turns on.
3. Press reverse until t.v. turns off
4. Hold down stop till light goes off
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Thanks that code worked, when you hold down tv and power. then hit play
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Programming Your Universal Remote.
The remote may already be set up to operate your brand of TV, VCR, or Cable Box. It is pre-programmed with following codes:
Programming a Device using Code Search:
Programming a device using the Code Lists:
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Normal 0 Posted on Oct 01, 2010
How do I connect my RCA Universal Remote to my Element TV?
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
I have a lg flatron tv. it's brightness is very low after i put its brightness in 100. how i can adjut it
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on May 24, 2008 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Feb 06, 2010 | RCA 4-in-1 Universal Remote Control
Nov 29, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 05, 2008 | RCA 4-in-1 Universal Remote Control
Jul 23, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
13,209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: