Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
I received this gift several months ago and have been unable to download anything (movies, music). I need serious help! Please understand I am computer challenged. I need some one to spell it out for me. The manual sucks. It only shows how to set the cables but nothing about what to do after.
1. You need to connect to the Internet. The easist way to do this is find an open wireless connection, like at a cafe or at someone's home whom you know.
2. Once you know you're in range of a connection, click on the Portal or the Web icon on the display.
3. When you click on the Web icon, you may be asked to buy the Opera browser to surf the internet. I never was able to buy the browser using my 605, even after registering it online. I used my PC to buy the plug-in online and then downloaded it to the 605 using the USB connection. Follow the instructions after you buy the Opera browser from Archos's web site -- they were clear and simple on how to install the Opera browser onto the device.
4. If you instead choose to click on the Portal icon, you will then see the 605 display some boxes indicating it has detected some wireless connection(s) and then it asks you if you want to see the list of connection(s). View the list and choose the connection you want to connect to. (Note: If you've downloaded and installed the Opera browser, you will see this message, too; if you haven't, you will see the screen that has a button you can click to "buy it now." As I said, I never got that to work -- and I tried a few different connections.)
5. ONce you've chosen a connection, if it is password protected, the 605 will ask you for the password. Enter it using the keyboard that will pop up. If it is not password protected, you should be able to jump on the connection.
6. Then, if you clicked the Portal icon, you'll see some buttons to press to view content. Free stuff to choose from, some of it is good.
That's it. Anyone else chime in with corrections and clarifications!
Posted on Apr 13, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
MP3 Rocket is a P2P downloader (peer to peer) many sites like this are being shut down by the US Government.
Do you use it for music or video downloading.
You can download almost anything in music from MP3Juices.com.
There are many video downloaders available. Just Google "Video Downloader" read the description to find out which one fits your need.
On your PC there are lots of ways of downloading music, videos and software. The easiest is known as torrent downloading. You will need a "Bit torrent client" like uTorrent.
After installing your client, just Google what you are looking for with the word torrent after it.(ie.: Friday the 13th movie torrent) You will get a listing of all of the sites that have the movie "Friday the 13th". The most recommended sites would include Pirate Bay and Kickass Torrents and there are many more.
Jun 11, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 08, 2007 | Nakamichi SoundSpace 8 System
Jul 16, 2017 | Velocity Micro Cruz Reader R101 Tablet PC
Apr 25, 2010 | Jenn-Air JES9860 Electric Kitchen Range
Apr 17, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
Jan 01, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 07, 2017 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!