Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
I received this gift several months ago and have been unable to download anything (movies, music). I need serious help! Please understand I am computer challenged. I need some one to spell it out for me. The manual sucks. It only shows how to set the cables but nothing about what to do after.
1. You need to connect to the Internet. The easist way to do this is find an open wireless connection, like at a cafe or at someone's home whom you know.
2. Once you know you're in range of a connection, click on the Portal or the Web icon on the display.
3. When you click on the Web icon, you may be asked to buy the Opera browser to surf the internet. I never was able to buy the browser using my 605, even after registering it online. I used my PC to buy the plug-in online and then downloaded it to the 605 using the USB connection. Follow the instructions after you buy the Opera browser from Archos's web site -- they were clear and simple on how to install the Opera browser onto the device.
4. If you instead choose to click on the Portal icon, you will then see the 605 display some boxes indicating it has detected some wireless connection(s) and then it asks you if you want to see the list of connection(s). View the list and choose the connection you want to connect to. (Note: If you've downloaded and installed the Opera browser, you will see this message, too; if you haven't, you will see the screen that has a button you can click to "buy it now." As I said, I never got that to work -- and I tried a few different connections.)
5. ONce you've chosen a connection, if it is password protected, the 605 will ask you for the password. Enter it using the keyboard that will pop up. If it is not password protected, you should be able to jump on the connection.
6. Then, if you clicked the Portal icon, you'll see some buttons to press to view content. Free stuff to choose from, some of it is good.
That's it. Anyone else chime in with corrections and clarifications!
Posted on Apr 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2010 | Microsoft Zune 2nd Generation Digital...
Jan 01, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 25, 2009 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Aug 26, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Apr 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!