Please help!! my dell latitude d620 fails to boot displaying: YVFXP is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. When i do this it jus does the same thing.
Ifyou have compressed the hard disk drive using the Compress drive to save disk space option under the Propertiesmenu for your hard disk drive and have performed a non-destructive recovery ora system recovery, the following error message may appear:
NTLDR is compressed. Press CRTL-ALT-DEL to restart.
This error message is resolved byfollowing these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD drive onthe computer and restart the computer.
2. Press F12 when the computer firststarts, then select CD-ROM, click any key to boot into windows startup.
3. When you get to the install windowsXP screen:
4. Press Rto repair the Windows XP installation using Recovery Console.
5. Enter the appropriate number for theWINDOWS installation, for example, the WINDOWS installation could be listed as 3:C:\WINDOWS or 3: D:\WINDOWS .
6. If prompted, enter yourAdministrator password and press Enter . If there is no password, justpress Enter .
7. At the prompt, if the WINDOWSinstallation you selected in Step 4 was C:\WINDOWS, type:
Or, if theWINDOWS installation you selected in Step 4 was D:\WINDOWS, type:
8. At the prompt, type:
and thenpress Enter .
9. At the prompt, type: exit
10.Press the Enter key and immediately remove all discs or diskettes from thecomputer to allow the computer to restart.
Mar 05, 2011 |
Dell Latitude D620 Notebook