Question about Audiovox Audio Players & Recorders
I have an Audiovox 144D2420 satellite receiver. Sirius technical support has told me that this unit, once deactivated has issues being reactivated with their service and that they can't help me. They say that the only solution is to purchase a new unit. Is there anything that can be done to reinitialize the receiver or is this a dead unit?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
SOURCE: Sirius Problem
The sirius unit does not have any channels in the unit.
You need to refresh the radio (XM allows you to do it online, I dont know about sirius) and leave it powered on for about an hour for it to update the channel list.
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
Support Solutions from Acer:
Notebook Acer Aspire 5520 G
Mouse / Touchpad not working
If the mouse/touchpad is not working, ensure that it is turned on. Press and hold the blue "Fn" key located in the lower left hand corner of the keyboard. and tap the "F7" key one time.
A message should flash across the bottom center of the screen stating "touchpad enabled".
If this does not address the issue, the notebook may need service.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance, please post back with a comment to this thread.
If I've managed to answer your question or solve a problem, please take just a moment to rate this post....thanks!
Posted on May 17, 2009
SOURCE: Sirius Satellite Stiletto 2
My Stiletto got the same problem at around the same time. I have been reading many stiletto owners problems and see many of the same problems erupting at around the same time-mid to late February. I just spoke with a Sirius Representative who said the Stiletto 2 has been discontinued. Seems like a conspiracy to me.
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2013 | Audiovox SIR-PNP3 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Jan 22, 2013 | Audiovox SIR-PNP3 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Jan 06, 2013 | Audiovox SIR-PNP3 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Apr 25, 2011 | Audiovox SIR-PNP3 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Sep 02, 2010 | Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver
Aug 27, 2010 | Eclipse SIR-ECL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
May 15, 2009 | Audiovox SIRPNP2 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
367 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: