Reset the device when it is not functioning properly.
If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it.
- On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)
Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.
- Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.
- Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
Selecting a Response to Commands from the Operation Panel
can specify a response resulting from pressing the <Color Start>
or <Black Start> button on the machine. Setting the response with
MP Navigator allows you to scan documents easily.
With network connection, only MP Navigator can be launched. Configure the settings accordingly.
USB connection, with Windows XP, the program selection dialog box will
be displayed the first time you press the <Color Start> or
<Black Start> button on the machine, as shown below. Select 'MP
Navigator', select the 'Always use this program for this action'
checkbox, and then click 'OK'. By specifying this setting, selecting
any scan mode launches MP Navigator, and the selected action will be
Click the Windows 'Start' button, then click 'Control Panel'
(Non-Windows XP: click the 'Start' button, then click 'Settings' ->
2. In the resulting window, click 'Printers and Other Hardware', then click (or double-click) 'Scanners and Cameras'.
3. Right-click the scanner icon for the machine, then click 'Properties'.
On the 'Events' tab, in 'Actions', specify the setting to launch MP
Navigator. Specify 'MP Navigator Ver2.1' for 'Select an event' and for
all events. (Windows 98/Windows 2000: Select an event in 'Scanner
events' and specify 'MP Navigator Ver2.1' for 'Send to this
application'.) If the settings are already configured to launch MP
Navigator, click 'Cancel' to exit.Important
MP Navigator is not set as the program to launch, you will need to
select an application to launch each time you press the <Color
Start>/<Black Start> button.
5. Click 'OK'. Windows 2000 only: Restart your computer.Setting actions for the <Color Start> and <Black Start> buttons with MP Navigator
Navigator enables you to specify the response resulting from pressing
the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine.
You can specify the response individually for each event.
On the Windows desktop, double-click 'MP Navigator 2.1'. Alternatively,
click '(All) Programs' from the <Start> button on the Windows
taskbar, point to 'Canon Utilities', then 'MP Navigator 2.1'. Then
click 'MP Navigator 2.1'.
MP Navigator opens
2. Click 'Preferences', and specify settings in the Color Button and Black Button tabs
to determine the response resulting from pressing the <Color Start> or <Black Start> button on the machine.
3. Select 'Event', and configure the settings in 'Actions'.
4. Click 'OK'. The operation will be performed according to the scan
mode settings when you press the <Color Start> or <Black
Start> button on the machineColor Button
The Color Button
and Black Button
tabs allow you to configure the following settings. Click '
Black Button' to open the corresponding tab. Setting items are identical in both tabs.
The following scan modes are available from the operation panel on the machine:
Save to PC
Save the captured image data on your computer.
Save as PDF file
Save the captured image data as PDF files on your computer.
Attach to E-mail
Attach the captured image data to e-mail.
Open with application
Open the captured image data with the selected application
The setting items vary by event.
I hope it helps!!!