Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Thanks for using FixYa. Please follow these step by step instructions on how to install drum unit:
1. Open front cover of copier.
2. Rotate lever (maybe blue) to lower transfer/transport assembly.
3. Rotate Developer/Toner assembly handle to move assembly away from drum unit. There is either a Phillips screw or a plastic gripped screw that needs to be removed.
4. Then, carefully, pull the drum unit 2/3 of the way out. At this point, the back half of the unit needs to be supported while pulling the rest of the way out.
5. Open new drum unit.
6. Remove all packing materials with red tag attached...especially black paper covering new drum surface.
7. The new Drum Unit has guides on top that line up with guides in the machine....carefully insert unit in copier until it seats FULLY.
8. Reinstall screw to front of unit.
9. Rotate Developer/Toner Assembly lever to cam back against Drum Unit.
10. Rotate Transfer/Transport Assembly lever to lift assembly upward and latch.
11. Close the front cover and we are done.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Ricoh Aficio Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 10, 2011 | Ricoh Aficio 450 Copier
Jul 30, 2011 | Ricoh Aficio 1018D Copier
Nov 10, 2010 | Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 14, 2010 | Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 09, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 30, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio 1018D Copier
Jan 21, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!