Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
The WPA key is the network key assigned to the wireless router for a secure connection. When you installed your router you may have given it a WPA key to prevent others from logging into it.
If you're having issues connecting to it follow these next few steps:
1) Find the installation disc for your router, put it into your computer, and uninstall it.
2) Go through the setup steps to reinstall your router
3) When prompted for your security code to protect your network (WPA key), I advise you to enter something small at the least, say: "0001" or 1Q@w; just do not enter "Password" because it's easily broken.
4) Write down everything you do to customize it; try to keep everything as default. What I do is write it on a sticky note and paste it underneath my desk.
5) Go to your Network Settings on your PS3, let it find your network, and let it automatically go through the steps. Enter your custom WPA key when asked and match all your settings to what you set them as.
6) When this works, what I did was take a small piece of paper and copied all my info to it, folded it, and stored it in the folding lower portion of my PS3 that way if you ever need to do it again, it's right there.
You should be good to go with this.
Otherwise, if you are trying to connect to someone else's network and they have it WPA protected, chances are you might not be able to connect to it.
If you're still having issues please let us know.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2016 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 20, 2011 | Buffalo Technology AirStation Nfiniti...
Jan 02, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 01, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jul 15, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 11, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Apr 29, 2010 | Belkin N1 Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter...
Aug 10, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Nov 01, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Dec 02, 2007 | Archos 604 Digital Media Player
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!