Question about Garmin GPS
Here's how you get custom POI files on a Nuvi:
1. Download and install Garmin's POI Loader.
2. Create a folder on your computer, suggest Desktop, with a name like "Custom POIs". The name and location doesn't matter but you have to remember what it's called and where it is.
3. Go online and look for 3rd party POI files. Places like www.poi-factory.com have dozens if not hundreds of files.
4. Select ones you want on your gps to download. Make sure you are getting the files in the correct format. Newer Nuvis use *.csv files. Not sure if the C310 does. Download your POI files into the folder you created.
5. Plug your USB cable into the GPS and your computer. Wait until the driver finishes loading.
6. Run POI Loader and follow the instructions until you get to a screen asking for location of POI files. Point it towards the folder you created. Next tell it to load the POI files. After a few seconds it should give you a message "XXXX data points successfully loaded".
You should now be able to go to POI/Extras screen and see "Custom POI Files". Open that up and your custom POIs should be there.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2011 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
May 03, 2009 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Mar 14, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 200w 250w 260w 580 660 670 680...
Feb 13, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
Oct 13, 2008 | Garmin GPS
Jan 10, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
780 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: