Question about Sony VAIO VGN-NR220E/S Notebook PC
How do I find my WEP key?
There are two ways of finding a WEP key. The first way is to look on the router itself and on any packaging that came with it when purchased; there may be information on here. The second way is slightly more complex and so for ease of use this has been displayed in numbered stages. This has been tailored for using a Linksys router, and so there may be slight differences in the words if using a different router such as a Belkin.
Steps to find a WEP key:
1. Open a browser (the program used to access the internet). The following process worked for myself when using the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browsers, although I am unsure whether it will work for other browsers (eg Chrome, Safari etc).
2. Type the following into the address bar of the browser. If using a Linksys router type in "192.168.1.1" and if using a Belkin router type "192.168.2.1". The address bar is the area where webpages are typed. It is important when typing in that there is NO http://www. before the numbers.
3. If all has gone well this should open a page that either says Linksys or Belkin.
3. There may be the need to login. When using a Linksys if you don't know what the username and password are it may still be the factory settings, and so enter in "admin" for the username and "password" for the password. If using a Belkin router, the factory settings often come with no password, so just click submit without typing in a password.
4. Click on a) "Wireless" or b) "settings".
5. Click on a) "Wireless security" or b) "wireless settings".
6. There should be a page with a WEP key listed.
7. Write it down/copy and use as you wish!
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2013 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Oct 20, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jun 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 09, 2009 | Epson Artisan 800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 17, 2009 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: