Question about HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Can i download set up disc
Actually mine is hp 1400 all in one not 870..
should i follow same steps/..
my id is firstname.lastname@example.org..
please do inform me.
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
This is the answer I got from HP. Hope it helps a bit.....This is Angela from HP All-in-One E-Mail Support Team.
From your Email, I understand that you want to install the software for HP PSC 1410 All-in-One. I also acknowledge that you have lost the software CD.
Daniel, I am afraid to inform you that, Microsoft has stopped providing and supporting certain files related specifically to Windows 98 SE, and this change affects all technology companies. HP, along with other technology companies, is no longer able to use selected components in support of Windows 98SE, which has an impact on our software strategy for Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows Me. Hence, we don't have specific software for Windows Me. In this case, please install the alternate drivers to perform the basic functionality like print.
==Install alternate drivers==
Please perform the below steps to install the alternate drivers.
The steps for installing the alternate driver is as follows.
1. Go to Start, Settings, and click Printers. In Windows XP, choose Start, Control Panel, and then select Printer and Faxes.
2. Double-click the Add Printer icon. Click Next.
3. If it asks Local or Network, choose Local, then click Next.
4. In the Manufacturers list, choose HP.
5. In the Printer list, choose the HP Deskjet 870 (Choose 870C) printer, then click Next.
6. Choose LPT1 as the port, then click Next.
7. The printer name should be listed as HP Deskjet 870 Printer.
8. Click No on Do you want your Windows based programs to use this printer as your default printer? Then click Next.
9. Click No when it asks, Would you like to print a test page (recommended). Then click Finish.
Configure the alternate printer driver :
1. In the Printers Window, right-click the icon for HP Deskjet 870 printer.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Details Tab.
4. Click the down-arrow where it says, Print to the Following Port, and select DOT4_00x port that the all-in-one software created. The all-in-ones model number should appear as part of the port destination.
5. Leave the HP Deskjet 870 printer identified as using the following driver, and click Apply.
6. Close the Printer Properties window.
Print using the alternate printer driver :
1. Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, and click WordPad.
2. Type: This is a test. 3. Click File, Print.
3. Click the down-arrow by Printer Name and choose the HP Deskjet 870 printer.
4. Click OK. The printer should print: This is a test.
5. If you wish to try the alternate printer driver as a troubleshooting step for an issue with a particular software program, try printing from that program with the HP Deskjet 870 printer driver now. In most programs, you would open the program, create a document, click Print, choose the HP Deskjet 870 printer as the printer name, and click OK to print. (Some programs may have slightly different steps.)
Check the printing functionality and please reply with the observations and the results.
If you need further assistance , please feel free to reply us. It is our responsibility to serve our esteemed customers like you in the best possible way. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
This is the answer I got from HP regarding installation of thr printer function only.I don't know if it will help you. But I lost my installation cd to it too.
Posted on Apr 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2010 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Oct 28, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX4450 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 14, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 23, 2009 | Compaq Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 07, 2009 | Lexmark X3480 All-In-One Printer
Dec 19, 2008 | Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 08, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 07, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 05, 2008 | Epson Stylus Color 440 InkJet Printer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: