Question about HP Pavilion dv9810US Notebook
This issue could be due to hardware malfunction of the battery connectors pins on the notebook. However, to confirm the same, I would recommend you to perform the following troubleshooting steps which will isolate the exact cause of the issue.
Step 1: Hard Reset
To perform a hard reset, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3. Press and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds.
4. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
5. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
Step 2: Reinstall Power Management Settings
Please follow the steps listed below to reinstall power management on the notebook:
1. Click Start/Pearl button and type ‘Device Manager’ in search field.
2. Double click on ‘Device Manager’ from the results listed.
3. Click the ‘+’ sign next to System Devices.
4. Right-click on the ACPI Fixed Features button and select Uninstall.
5. Now restart the system.
On restarting the notebook, Windows will automatically detect and install Power Management on the notebook.
Now connect the AC Adapter to the notebook and check if the battery is able to get charge. Incase, if the issue persists, then it is clear that the issue is due to hardware malfunction of the battery connectors.
As the issue is clearly related to internal hardware, the notebook requires a detailed onsite diagnosis by a service technician. Hence, I would recommend you to take the notebook to any nearest Authorized Computer Service Center to get it repaired/serviced.
I hope the information provided would be helpful to you.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard HP...
Dec 02, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Mar 01, 2017 | HP Compaq Presario CQ61420us Notebook
May 18, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
May 18, 2010 | HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook
May 06, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 14, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Nov 02, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv9810US Notebook
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!