a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Back - light problem. Check and replace damaged component/s at its back-light inverter board, or replace this board as card basis. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. It will be best to replace the inverter board as card basis. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
To some model sets; especially LED back-lighted types; the back-light inverter circuit will be part of the main power supply board [SMPS]. In such cases, the power supply board might need replacement. To some models sets, the back-light inverter and SMPS section circuit will be integrated at its main board itself. If so; the main board should be replaced. To some models of sets, all these section circuit will be integrated at its main board. If this is the case, you have to replace the main board.
The HP is a flat screen monitor used with many desktop computers. When the LCD on your HP monitor goes white, it is an indication that your monitor's inverter board has gone bad. The inverter board is a small circuit board that transfers power from the monitor's main circuit board to the LCD screen. Replacing the inverter board means dismantling the HP monitor.
1. Power down your computer and unplug the HP monitor cable from the back of your desktop. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the monitor. Relocate the monitor to a flat work surface. Place the monitor with the screen facing downward.
2. Remove the Phillips-head screws from the monitor's base stand and from the back cover. Lift the base stand off of the monitor and remove the back cover. Peel away the foil from inside the monitor around the internal circuit board.
3. Locate the inverter board near the bottom of the monitor's casing. Unplug the power cables from either side of the inverter. Loosen the Phillips-head screws from the inverter board. Lift the old inverter out of the monitor's casing and set it aside.
4. Place the new inverter inside the monitor. Replace the Phillips-head screws and fasten it in place. Reconnect the power cables to the connectors on each side of the new inverter. Replace the foil around the outside of the main circuit board.
5. Replace the back panel and base stand, and their retaining Phillips-head screws
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for choosing fixya.com
Tv turn itself off after 2-3 seconds the tv still audio voices?Yes,than the tv long board that call the LCD inverter board it is dead.Require change the tv long LCD inverter board,this board help the LCD screen panel to have a backlight to produced a picture or 2-3 seconds tv power died completely no power to tv all?Yes,than this problems the tv power supply board it is dying.That the board where the power a/c cord plug into it.Tries websites like Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a refurbish long LCD inverter board or the tv power supply board for the replacement.
smcclain2, Might be a possible failure of the electronic "ballast" circuit that provides 600 to 1000volts AC to light-up the "cold-cathod-fluorescent-lamps" (CCFL's) hung on rear of the glass lcd panel and provide white light so you can see what is on the panel!! The "ballast" is called an "INVERTER". DCv to AC The new energy efficient curlie-Q screw-in light bulbs use a CONVERTER type ballast. AC to AC. You or ccfl back-lit monitor technician will need to troubleshoot and repair the ballast circuit board. Same "lighting technology" is used in 98 percent of all lcd computer monitors. 12fixlouie
I assume that you already try this monitor on another PC to verify that the problem is in the monitor, in this case you need to open it up and inspect the fuse, transitors, solder connections on the power/inverter board, see failed Dell monitors here for guide: http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums Post back what you see inside so we can guide you further.
I did some poking around and only found a few places that sold inverter boards for this monitor. Ebay has one that sells for about $80:
I wasn't able to find any specific instructions posted, however, taking a typical LCD panel apart and replacing the board shouldn't be too difficult. The only hard part is not getting shocked, which is why this is not a job for the typical user. Anyway to disassemble the typical LCD you remove the pedestal from the back of the LCD then remove the screws around the back of the LCD, remove the back and look for the inverter board. Typically it is covered with a metal shield; again the hard part is knowing how to correctly handle the parts.
Considering you can buy a new 17" LCD for $120 to $150 (and has a 1 year warranty) you might want to consider investing in a new monitor instead. If you have any other questions let us know, otherwise please don?t forget to rate this posting.